Investigate and experiment with 8 functioning lever and pulley models designed to demonstrate science and technology concepts related to three classes of levers and fixed, movable, combination, and block and tackle pulley systems.
- Identify all three classes of lever and test them to determine how they operate
- Identify key parts of levers: effort arm, resistance arm and fulcrum
- Identify different types of pulley systems and test them to determine how they operate
- Identify key parts of pulley systems
- Discuss how pulleys change the direction and/or amount of force applied to do work
Build 8 different real-world models, one at a time. Models demonstrate 1st, 2nd and 3rd class levers along with fixed, moveable, combination and block and tackle pulley systems. Set includes building instructions with real-life photo and key facts and comes packaged in a strong, stackable, plastic storage case with movable dividers and locking lid. Designed for groups of 2-3 students to build and investigate as a team.
60-page Teacher's Guide (Item # 96164) sold separately
Purchase a Class Pack and receive a free Teacher's Guide. The Class Pack includes 8 individual Intro to Simple Machines: Levers & Pulleys sets.